There are two public meeting spaces in the library available for groups to reserve: the Conference Room (seats up to 12, includes conference equipment) and the Milne Room (seats up to 120 with full A/V equipment).
The Aldrich Public Library makes available to the community the use of the Milne Community Room and the Library Conference Room under the following conditions:
- Application for use of the Milne Community Room and/or Library Conference Room must be made to the Library Director in writing, using the prepared application form.
- Availability of the room shall be determined by consulting the Community Room Calendar kept at the library’s main circulation desk.
- Events held in the Milne Room must be open to the public and free of charge.
- The fee for commercial organizations using the Milne Community Room shall be $50, payable upon submission of the application form.
- Use of the Milne Community Room shall be free to non-commercial community groups, provided the room is left neat and clean.
- In the case of non-commercial groups, a monetary donation to the library appreciated.
- At the conclusion of the event, the chairs and tables must be put away, kitchenette left clean, floor vacuumed, lights turned off, and trash removed. Restrooms must also be left tidy.
- Failure to leave the space completely clean and neat will prohibit further use by the individual and/or group responsible.
- The use of alcohol and tobacco is not permitted.
- Use of the Library’s Meeting Rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Aldrich Public Library Board of Trustees or Staff.
- Visitors should use the city lots behind the Cornerstone or street parking. The library lots are reserved for library staff and patrons.
The Milne Room will be unavailable to the public from September 1st through December 30th as we begin renovations of the Katherine Paterson Children's Room and Milne Room upgrades. During this time, meeting space will still be available in our conference room, and select public events may use the Vermont Room meeting space. Please contact the director at Director@AldrichPublicLibrary.org with any questions or inquiries.