Obtaining a card
A borrower’s library card may be issued to:
- Any individual with proof of permanent residency (a piece of mail or ID with name and address) in Barre City or Barre Town.
- Minors 8th grade and under must have a legal guardian register for them.
- Non-residents may obtain a library card for a $20 fee, or a family card for a $25 fee. The card will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
Persons residing in hotels, motels, rooming houses or shelters may read materials while in the library building and may borrow unprocessed paperback books.
With a library card, you can...
- Check out up to 10 items on your account.
- Within that amount, you can have up to 6 DVDs.
- Keep books & audiobooks for 3 weeks.
DVDs, new books, and magazines for 1 week.
- Renew items up to 3 times online, over the phone, or in person.
There is a fine for each day an item is held past its due date.